Work Summary• Over eighteen years of experience in print and publishing, as art director, designer and illustrator.
• Exceptional project management skills, leading projects from concept to production, through pre-press to final product.
• Highly organized, effective communicator recognized by peers for ability to lead, plan, collaborate, develop, create, and disseminate finished product.
• Self-directed troubleshooter who can deliver ahead of time and under budget.
Art Director / Graphic Designer / Illustrator -- (5/1991 - Present) -- Mercer Island WA• Design and branding of advertising campaigns, identity packages, and a wide range of publications and programmatic materials, including packaging, posters, newsletters, logos, exhibits, and advertising collateral for both local and out of state clients.
• Illustrations for book jackets and interiors, magazine interiors, posters, advertising campaigns and various collateral.
• Leading clients in endorsing a look and formulating an appropriate budget, often under extremely tight deadlines.
• Management of projects and negotiation with print vendors.
Graphic Designer / Book & Package Designer / Art Director -- (10/2000 - 5/2008) -- becker&mayer!, Bellevue WA• Art direction, oversight, and implementation of package and book design, including brand formation and identity creation.
• Directed freelance designers and illustrators, expanding resources to include a diverse selection of creative staff.
• Analyzed and worked within strict budgets while guaranteeing project quality.
• Managed photo shoots, both studio and on-location, including hiring and directing models, and location scouting.
• Formulated project schedules and worked closely with team members, including editors and industrial designers, to implement timelines and manage the production process.
• Technical experience includes graphic design, project management, pre-press, page production, image manipulation, and production art.
Graphic Designer / Illustrator / Web Master -- (9/1991 - 10/2000) -- Pacific Science Center, Seattle WA• Designed and illustrated a wide range of print collateral as in-house designer for one of the premiere science museums in the country, including branding, identity campaigns, newsletters, logos, posters, brochures, educational curriculum, handouts, hands-on exhibit design, t-shirts, games, and large format signs and banners, including billboards and monorails.
• As web master, managed the design and graphics of the museum's Web site, including site development, enhancements to navigability, integration of interactive features, and leading personnel in making regular updates to maximize interest.
• Targeted projects to a wide general audience while focusing primarily on families with young children.
• Managed projects and negotiated with print vendors, communicating with team members to ensure projects delivered on time and under budget.
• Hired, supervised, and mentored graphic interns, overseeing all facets of their work.